antique engravings england
antique maps england
heatons antique prints logo background

Bucks Views. 4 .

Samuel & Nathaniel Buck, Views of  Castles & Abbeys in England, 1726-1739

From the historic work of the by the brothers, Samuel and Nathaniel Buck, Views of Ruins of Castles & Abbeys in England, 1726-1739. Samuel and Nathaniel Buck were the most important topographical artists of the 18th century, creating a record of over 500 ancient monuments & towns in England and Wales. Many of these monuments had been devastated during the course of the Reformation, particularly during the period when Oliver Cromwell ruled England as "Lord Protector." The Bucks Views, as they have become known, provide an invaluable record of these magnificent buildings, some of which have seen further deterioration during the 275 years that have since passed. Samuel & Nathaniel Buck"Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper







THE NORTH-WEST PROSPECT OF THE CITY OF GLOUCESTER
1775 edition ie second edition on rag paper not the earlier on laid paper Full boders, centre separation up to the edge of the text.. will mend



The South East View of Berkley Castle in the County of Gloucester
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" £65 Ist  edition numbered to the left light toning ie paper nearer cream than white also professional tint for once



The West View of Tewkesbury Abbey  in the County of Gloucester
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" £65 Ist  edition numbered to the left light toning ie paper nearer cream than white also professional tint for once




The South West View of Yarrow Monastery, in the Bishoprick of Durham
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" £45 Ist  edition numbered to the left light toning ie paper nearer cream than white






THE SOUTH-WEST PROSPECT OF THE CITY OF PETERBOROUGH IN NORTHAMPTONSHIRE

Published 1774. Part of Buck's series of "Prospects". A large panoramic view of the city of Peterborough, showing the Cathedral. Uncoloured copper-plate engraving. Descriptive text below engraving. With centre-fold.Size approx. 34cm x 85cm. £180.00 ** closer cut in from full page paper good just trimmed borders
   


The North West Prospect of Barlings Abbey nr Lincoln
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck w0as born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" £40 creased (soft) whole5 page full marginsBarlings Abbey, Lincolnshire, was a Premonstratensian monastery in England, founded in 1154.Its founder was Ralph de Haye, son of the constable of Lincoln Castle, and lord of Burwell and Carlton. It was first established at Barlings Grange but was soon moved to its present site.By the mid-14th century the canons are known to have been in considerable financial trouble and even by 1412 when there were twenty-seven in residence, they were maintained with difficulty due to continued poverty and debt. By 1497 the situation had improved with the abbot praised for his administration and the monastery remarked to be in a good state. In 1537, during the Dissolution of the Monasteries, the abbey became involved in the uprisings against this act and the abbot, Matthew Mackarel, and six of the canons were subsequently executed. The abbey was closed and the remainder of the canons expelled with little compensation due to the activities of their condemned brethren, with the property then passing to the Duke of Suffolk.

   


The South View of Newport Castle in the County of Pembroke2. . black and white print, originally published 1740
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" £45 the earlier first edition sans page number to right but slightly toned




. THE EAST VIEW OF RAVENSWORTH CASTLE in the Bishoprick of Durham.

Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 1st edition 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" £45 mark to page edge  on one copy x 5 (1st edition light toning to cream paper on one rather than white)


   



The North View of Bradenstoke Priory In the County of Wiltshire
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, perefect in a simple mount to preserve size 11/4" x 18 1/2" £60 crease as in pic on one cpy . . two copies unmounted available untinted The site of the priory and the house known as 'Le Pryors Lodging', including the buildings and gardens on the site and with messuages and lands in Clack, closes and woods of 100 acres in Lyneham parish were leased to Sir Henry Long. However, in October 1546 they were granted in fee to Richard Pexsall, kings servant. Of the buildings themselves, the prior's lodging was between the guest hall and the church. Prior Thomas Walshe had rebuilt it in 1490 and it was pulled down in the early part of the 19th century. Worse was yet to come when in 1930 the western range of the cloister, which included the guest house and prior's lodging was totally removed along with the tithe barn to St. Donat's castle in Glamorgan by William Randolph Hearst. John Aubrey had described the priory as "very well built, with good strong ribs" and having a cellar, "the stateliest in Wiltshire". However, in 1666 he commented that, "the very fundations of this fair church are now, 1666, digged up."14th century undercrofts and a tower. . . the remains were left by Hearst in numbered boxes in storage in the USA . . they are still there . . x 2



The North View of Bradenstoke Priory In the County of Wiltshire
Coloured version later edition numbered to the right £45 whole page



The West View of Godstow Nunnery near Oxford
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, perefect in a simple mount to preserve size 11/4" x 18 1/2" £55 also another copy untinted 2nd editionx 2


  tinted mounted  x 2




The South West View of Clattercote priory in the County of Oxford
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, perefect in a simple mount to preserve size 11/4" x 18 1/2" £55 . .3 x  copies both mounted   state if there is a preference


one tinted mounted




the East View of Kenilworth Priory in the County of Warwick
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" £85 framed

 

The South West View of Malmesbury Abby In the County of Wiltshire
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, perfect in a simple mount to preserve size 11/4" x 18 1/2" £45light toning. mounted





The North View of Lttle Billing Priory, near Northampton


Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" £40 2nd edition



The South View of Holdenby Palace , in the County of Northampton
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" £40 2nd edition
 




The East View of The Inside of Eynsham Abby near Oxford
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, " £45 whole page full margins

Eynsham Abbey was a Benedictine monastery in Eynsham, Oxfordshire in England. King Aethelred allowed Aethelmar to found the abbey in 1005 . After the Norman Conquest the abbey was reopened in 1086. The abbey flourished until the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1538. Anthony Kitchin was the last abbot. Some of the buildings were wrecked to hinder the return of the monks. The Earl of Derby acquired the abbey buildings, the stones of which were subsequently used to build houses in the village

 
 

The North View of Ulvescroft Priory In the County of Leicester

Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, perefect in a simple mount to preserve size 11/4" x 18 1/2" £40 whole page full margins mounted
THE PRIORY OF ULVERSCROFTThe priory of St. Mary at Ulverscroft was founded by Robert, Earl of Leicester,who gave the site on which the house was built. A papal document of 1174, in which the first mention of the monastery occurs, states that Ranulph, Earl of Chester, gave 30 acres in Charnwood Forest to the priory, and it must therefore have been founded before the death of Earl Ranulph de Gernon in 1153. The house was described as a hermitage about 1220, but as early as 1174 the Pope ordered the Augustinian rule to be observed there. Before 1174 the priory obtained the church of Stanford on Soar (Notts.). The advowson of Stanford was a source of dispute in the 13th century, and the priory had lost it by 1280. In 1323 William de Ferrers had licence to alienate in mortmain to Ulverscroft 70 acres of waste land at Groby, and the advowson of the church of Syston (Leics.). Licence was granted in 1361 for the appropriation of Syston. The advowson of Bunny (Notts.) was granted to the priory in 1345 by Thomas de Ferrers.
About 1220 the priory contained only three brothers, all priests, but this number was later exceeded. There were eight canons in the house in 1438, when a visitation by Bishop Alnwick revealed an unsatisfactory state of affairs. There were many complaints about the prior's bad management of the monastery's concerns, and it was also said that he was lax in the maintenance of religious discipline. The sub-prior was said to have once been absent from the house for twenty years, and to have been readmitted without the knowledge of the convent. The prior accused the canons of wandering outside the priory, and of possessing private property. Bishop Alnwick provided that the prior should retain control of the priory until the next Michaelmas, when it would be decided whether he should resign, or be assisted by a coadjutor. In fact the prior resigned in 1439.



The South View of Lewis Priory & Castle In the County of Sussex

;Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, perefect in a simple mount to preserve size 11/4" x 18 1/2" £45 whole page full margins mounted
Lewes Priory (St. Pancras Priory, Lewes) was a Cluniac priory established in the valley of the river Ouse in the eleventh century, between 1078 and 1082. It was founded by William de Warenne, 1st Earl of Surrey, lord of the Rape of Lewes, and his wife Gundrada, who had come to England from Normandy with William the Conqueror. The first prior was Lanzo, who came with a few other from Cluny.The priory became wealthy and, at the time of its demolition under the dissolution of the monasteries in November 1537, it owned about 20,000 acres of land in the surrounding county of Sussex alone. However, there were only 24 monks at this time, reduced from approximately 100 during the period from 1100-1300.




The South View of Winchelsea Monastry in the County of Sussex
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, perefect in a simple mount to preserve size 11/4" x 18 1/2" £45 whole page full margins mounted x 2
There were several religious houses in New Winchelsea, most notably, the monastery of the Grey Friars (Franciscans). The Grey Friars moved from Old Winchelsea, where they had been since 1252. Their monastery appears to have been badly damaged by the storms that hit Old Winchelsea and, in 1284, they were granted a 4-acre site by John Bone of Wickham to allow them to relocate. The new monastery therefore predated the Crown's acquisition of land for New Winchelsea and the irregular shape of the plot disrupted the symmetry of news town's the quarters. The monastery was dissolved in 1538 and most of the buildings were demolished to provide stone for Camber Castle. The site was sold off by the Crown in 1545. The surviving buildings were converted into a private residence but this was demolished in 1819 to make way for the current house. All that remains of the monastery, apart from its buried foundations, is part of the monastery church. This is a spectacular ruin. Pevsner thought it one of the most impressive Franciscan remains in England. The walls of the choir stand to almost their original height and the arch that connected with the nave remains in place. There is a small tower to one side of the arch, containing stairs thought to lead to the now missing dormitory. This was used as a watchtower by customs officers in the early 19th century.

The monastery of the Black Friars (Dominicans) was located in what is now Pipewell Field on the opposite side of the A259 to the Ferry or Pipewell Gate. At the foundation of New Winchelsea, the barons asked that the only religious house in the town should be the Grey Friars. The Black Friars (a preaching order later associated with the Inquisition) were not popular and there are records of fights between monks and townsfolk. The Black Friars did not get into the town until Edward II granted them a site in 1318, but they had to be content with Kings Green at the southern end by the New Gate. This proved unsatisfactory as few people came to visit the monastery or give alms. In 1339, the Black Friars moved to a new site on reclaimed marshland on the north side of the settlement of Iham, outside the town walls. In 1342, the monks complained to the Pope that the site was at risk of flooding. He ordered the Bishop of Chichester to move them into the town. This was only achieved in 1357, when Edward III needed the support of the Pope for his invasion of France, and a site by the Ferry Gate was found. However, by the time of the Dissolution in 1538, the monastery was in ruins. As with the Grey Friars monastery, its stone was removed to help build Camber Castle. from http://www.winchelsea.net/visiting/winchelsea_history_pt11.htm


.


the West View of Daventry Priory in the County of Northampton
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" £45 whole page full margins mounted



The south view of Barnwell castle in the County of Northampton
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, £45 early edition numbered to left margin  full page



 

The West View of Burnham Priory in the County of Bucks
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2"£40 1st edition but cut to just outside plate mark and age toned evenly

 


The South East View of Ewelm Palace in the County of Oxford
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" " £45 whole page full margins
Ewelme is a village and civil parish in the South Oxfordshire district of the county of Oxfordshire in England.The village lies in a little picturesque valley, four miles east of the town of Wallingford. Its name derives from the remarkably fine spring just to the north which forms the 'King's Pool', which empties into a rapid stream known as the Ewelme Brook. This flows past Fifield Manor and then through nearby Benson before emptying itself into the Thames: Ae-whylme is Anglo-Saxon for 'waters whelming'.

Ewelme is chiefly known for its beautiful 15th century cloistered almshouses, officially called 'The Two Chaplains and Thirteen Poor Men of Ewelme in the County of Oxford'. The thirteen almsmen have now been reduced to eight, but the building is still run as a charity by the Ewelme Trust

 
The South View of Holt Castle in the County of Denbigh
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, perefect in a simple mount to preserve size 11/4" x 18 1/2" £40


Hand tinted version possibly later edition numbered to right margin £45 inc delivery





the North View of Bothal Castle in Northumberland
 Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2"perfect 1st edition marginal toning £45



the South East View of Horton Castle in Northumberland
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2"  £45 marginal toning 99% perfect




the South West View of Brinkburn Priory in Northumberland
 Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2" £45 99% perfect very slight toning x 2



the South East View of Raby Castle in the Bishoprick of Durham
Antique engraving 'Buck's Views from the boook began in 1726, by the brothers, Samuel & Nathaniel Buck began their task of creating a visual record of ancient monuments in England and Wales. "Buck's Views" as they were called are 428 views of the ruins of all noted abbeys, castles, together with four views of seats and eighty-three large general views of the chief cities and towns of England and Wales. Printed and sold individually and collected into volumes for book purchasers. Samuel Buck was born in Richmond, Yorkshire, in 1696, Nathaniel being a younger brother. ~Published between 1724-38 on Hand-Made Laid Watermarked Paper, 11 1/4" x 18 1/2"Perfect slightly later edition numbered to right edge £45 x 2

. .Other Pages    Buck page 1BuckPage 2 |   Buck   Information page | Buck 3  |   Buck 4   | 

  




OPENING HOURS . MONDAY, FRIDAY & SATURDAY Appointments at the shop may be arranged by contacting us either by telephone or email.

DELIVERY & PAYMENT Payment is via Paypal if other methods are preferred please contact the shop directly we take most cards, cheques etc

**Prices are postage inclusive worldwide if over £35 Any print will be reserved upon receiving an email and kept for a week to allow a cheque to arrive.