antique prints england
antique engravings england
antique maps england
heatons antique prints logo background

London East E.

London East ( E postcode)

See also London Stow's Survey etc or check query box



A north west view of the House of William Parker Lord Monteagle; in the Parish of St. Saviour, Southwark'
The house was located on the east side of Montague Close, near Southwark Cathedral (which can be seen behind the house). It was the house of William Parker, best known for having discovered the Gunpowder Plot. dated to base  1st January 1825 Approx 26.0 x 33.5cm  printed to edge of the page at the base so 2mm edge £35




  The Little Belt breaking up at Battersea
Etching from Cooke's 'Views on the Thames'   Drawn by L. Francia and engraved by J. C. Allen, published by W. B. Cooke, 1815.. 157 mm x 239 mm £20 




Floating Dock at Rotherhithe
Etching from Cooke's 'Views on the Thames'  Ship building and repairing were Rotherhithe's traditional industry, at least until the end of the 19th century, when ships outgrew the size of the Rotherhithe yards and docks. In the background can be seen the parish Church of St Mary the Virgin Drawn by L. Francia and engraved by J. C. Allen, published by W. B. Cooke, 1815.. 157 mm x 239 mm £20 



The Nelson. on the Stocks, building at Woolwich in the year 1814
Etching from Cooke's 'Views on the Thames' showing HMS 'Nelson' (1814) near to completion at the Royal Dockyard in Woolwich in 1814. The image shows the bow and starboard side of the vessel surrounded by scaffolding with men working on her final fitting out. 157 mm x 239 mm £20  proof to India paper x 2



ARENA OF THE ROYALTY THEATRE
Original antique copper engraving.  Published by R. Wilkinson 1815. Hand coloured. Image size: 31 x 23 cms from  Robert Wilkinson  an early 19th century  printseller and publisher who produced  detailed views of London landmarks. This engraving was  in his two volume work  Londina Illustrata:Graphic and Historical memorials …in the cities and suburbs of London and Westminster,.  1808 to 1825. £85 inc delivery



101. South Sea House, Dividend Hall

from ACKERMANN'S MICROCOSM OF LONDON (1808) 104 Handcoloured aquatints in three volumes, issued in parts between 1808 and 1810. Published by Rudolph Ackermann, this series is of interest in setting a new standard for the figures "staffage" in topographical prints. This was achieved by an exceptional partnership between Augustus Pugin, who made the architectural drawing, and Thomas Rowlandson, who added the figures, frequently caricatures. The majority of the plates were aquatinted by J. Bluck and Joseph Stadler . . this one is by Sutherland . This series of prints is Series 99 as catalogued in London Illustrated 1604-1851 by Bernard Adams. The image is The Long Room, Custom House. This is the earlier sepia aquatint as sold £95 good margins let ito a larger sheet of paper 'window' style to protect it probably years ago





ST. KATHERINE'S BY THE TOWER.

Signed and dated in lower 1.: W. Hollar fecit 1660. Title along the top : Conventualis Ecclesiae Hospitalis S. Catharinae Juxta Tnrrim London : a Meridie prospectus. Dedication of the donor of the plate, William Petit, in cartouche upper r. Page number 4.60 lower r. Occurs folded in Dugdale, Monasticon, Vol. II. (1661), between pp. 460 and 461. The Royal Hospital and collegiate church of St. Katherine's, founded by Eleanor, Queen of Henry II, in 1273, and remaining under the patronage of the Queen Consort, 1 existed on the same site until 1825. It was then pulled down to make room for St. Katherine's Dock. The foundation was transferred to Regent's Park, but there are only a few remains of the old church in the new St. Katherine's (e.g. part of some of the stalls). . . . .St Katharine's by the Tower - full name Royal Hospital and Collegiate Church of St. Katharine by the Tower - was a medieval church and hospital next to the Tower of London. The establishment was founded in 1148 and demolished in 1825 to build St Katharine Docks, which takes its name from it.o on Hollar page





House in Clapton in which Mr Howard was born
From the The Gentleman's Magazine .The Gentleman's Magazine was a monthly magazine published in London in the 18th, 19th, and early 20th century. The magazine began publication with the January 1731 issue. Over time the magazine had various subtitles, including "monthly intelligencer" and "historical review". It restarted its volume numbering in 1868. It ceased publication in 1907. Size 12 x 21s+ cm.dated 1793 John Howard (prison reformer)£18




The North Prospect of the Parish Church of St Alphage near Sion College
amended to St Albans ,Wood Street
This image showing some minor revision, was prepared for inclusion in the part-work edition of John Stow's "A Survey of the Cities of London and Westminster" Engraved by Benjamin Cole (fl.1723-1767) and originally produced for the part-work edition of William Maitland's "History of London" (London : 1753-1756). Copper engraved print, good condition. Size 36 x 24 cms plus margins. £25 full page good borders




St James, Clerkenwell

Drawn by John Coney, (1786-1833)Engraved by Joseph Skelton, (fl.1820-1850)Published in 1814/18 in the Architectural Series of London Churches/ Architectura Ecclesiastica Londini . Published by J. Booth Approx 16cms by 22cms some have fhistorical descriptions under the picture. Unmounted £35 inc delivery





St John of Jersualem, Clerkenwell

Drawn by John Coney, (1786-1833)Engraved by Joseph Skelton, (fl.1820-1850)Published in 1814/18 in the Architectural Series of London Churches/ Architectura Ecclesiastica Londini . Published by J. Booth Approx 16cms by 22cms some have fhistorical descriptions under the picture. Unmounted £35 inc delivery
missing /check
 

 



ST Matthew ,Bethnal Green

Drawn by John Coney, (1786-1833)Engraved by Joseph Skelton, (fl.1820-1850)Published in 1814/18 in the Architectural Series of London Churches/ Architectura Ecclesiastica Londini . Published by J. Booth Approx 16cms by 22cms some have fhistorical descriptions under the picture. Unmounted £35 inc delivery




Interior of St Dunstan's Stepney

Drawn by John Coney, (1786-1833)Engraved by Joseph Skelton, (fl.1820-1850)Published in 1814/18 in the Architectural Series of London Churches/ Architectura Ecclesiastica Londini . Published by J. Booth Approx 16cms by 22cms some have fhistorical descriptions under the picture. Unmounted £35 inc delivery x 2



The Custom House .
 .the image was first published in 1720. The present example, showing some minor revision, was prepared for inclusion in the part-work edition of John Stow's "A Survey of the Cities of London and Westminster" (London 1740's).Copper line engraving on paper. £45

Ship Breaking/opposite Wapping.
Drawn by Saml. Prout. George Cooke 1826. Engraved by George Cooke, From COOKE'S VIEWS IN LONDON AND ITS VICINITY (1826-34) dated  1828. London, Published by Longman & Co., J. and A. Arch .Cornhill & G. Cooke, Image  18 x 24cm. Proof to India paper card backing toned to page edge £25 inc delivery




Dean Colet's School at Stepney
St Paul's School

From the The Gentleman's Magazine .The Gentleman's Magazine was a monthly magazine published in London in the 18th, 19th, and early 20th century. The magazine began publication with the January 1731 issue. Over time the magazine had various subtitles, including "monthly intelligencer" and "historical review" £15 unmounted RARE  . dated 1818


see also Stows London for earlier pics




Stepney Church

An antique print, drawn, etched and engraved by John Greig (fl.1800. .1843). Originally produced for James Storer and John Greig's part-work publication "Select Views of London and its Environs : Containing a Collection of Highly Finished Engravings" (London : Vernor & Hood, 1804. .1805).Engraved surface 17 x 11cm minimum ie some larger. Etching and line engraving on paper   Image 18.5 x 13.5 plus title etc £20 x 3


Remains of the old priory of St Mary Overy
 Antique copper engraved prints produced for the for the The Gentleman's Magazine .The Gentleman's Magazine was a monthly magazine published in London in the 18th, 19th, and early 20th century. The magazine began publication with the January 1731 issue. 1791 rare £10 size image 10 x 17 cm



The Parish Church of St John at Hackney

Antique copper engraved print e from John Stow's work A Survey of the Cities of London and Westminter and the Borough of Sothwark. The work was originally published in 1598 and 1603. Many editions followed which included revisions, additions, and enlargements, both by the original author and others including John Strype. image 24 x 18cm cut close to edge of image unmounted £5 RARE.


An East Prospect of the parish Church of St Mary Alermanbury

Antique copper engraved print e from John Stow's work A Survey of the Cities of London and Westminter and the Borough of Sothwark. The work was originally published in 1598 and 1603. Many editions followed which included revisions, additions, and enlargements, both by the original author and others including John Strype. image 24 x 18cm cut close to edge of image unmounted £10 RARE.




Arch of West Ham Abbey  
Antique copper engraved print dated 1790 probably from the Gentleman's Magazine unmounted £10



Baynard's Castle
Originally produced for one of the part-work publication by Alex Hogg (London 1769-1770)at the Kings Arms No 16 Paternoster-Row c1774 cut close to edge of image unmounted £10




The Parish Church of St John at Wapping

Antique copper engraved print e from John Stow's work A Survey of the Cities of London and Westminter and the Borough of Sothwark. The work was originally published in 1598 and 1603. Many editions followed which included revisions, additions, and enlargements, both by the original author and others including John Strype. image 24 x 18cm cut close to edge of image unmounted £15 RARE.


South View of London Street, Dockhead in the Water Side Division of the Parish of St. Mary Magdalen Bermondsey, Surrey.,

Original antique copper engraving.  Published by R. Wilkinson 1813. . Image size: 31 x 23 cms from  Robert Wilkinson  an early 19th century printseller and publisher who produced  detailed views of London landmarks. This engraving was  in his two volume work  Londina Illustrata:Graphic and Historical memorials …in the cities and suburbs of London and Westminster,.  1808 to 1825. £55 inc delivery some browning to edge of page












***


The parish Church of St Dunstan's in the East

This image showing some minor revision, was prepared for inclusion in the part-work edition of John Stow's "A Survey of the Cities of London and Westminster" Engraved by Benjamin Cole (fl.1723-1767) and from the later edition the part-work edition of William Maitland's "History of London" (London : 1753-1756). ie. the drawing is 17thc. updated mid 18thc. Copper engraved print, good condition. Size 36 x 24 cms plus margins. £15 half page good borders lit to show flaws less obvious in life



East India House
 from Dr David Hughson's 'New Description of London' and the area for thirty miles around was a multi-volume illustrated work issued between 1805 and 1809. Published by J Stratford, 112 Holborn Hill. Print image : 118 x 182 mm £18..


London Docks Wapping
 from Dr David Hughson's 'New Description of London' and the area for thirty miles around was a multi-volume illustrated work issued between 1805 and 1809. Published by J Stratford, 112 Holborn Hill. Print image : 118 x 182 mm £18..


West India Docks Blackwall
 from Dr David Hughson's 'New Description of London' and the area for thirty miles around was a multi-volume illustrated work issued between 1805 and 1809. Published by J Stratford, 112 Holborn Hill. Print image : 118 x 182 mm £18..x 2


S.E. view of the theatre in Ayliff Street Goodmans Fields and its environs

Original antique copper engraving.  Published by R. Wilkinson 1811. Hand coloured. Image size: 31 x 23 cms from  Robert Wilkinson  an early 19th century  printseller and publisher who produced  detailed views of London landmarks. This engraving was  in his two volume work  Londina Illustrata:Graphic and Historical memorials …in the cities and suburbs of London and Westminster,.  1808 to 1825. £85 inc delivery


A South View of the Falcon Tavern, on the Bankside, Southwark
Original antique copper engraving.  Published by R. Wilkinson 1811. Hand coloured. Image size: 31 x 23 cms from  Robert Wilkinson  an early 19th century  printseller and publisher who produced  detailed views of London landmarks. This engraving was  in his two volume work  Londina Illustrata:Graphic and Historical memorials …in the cities and suburbs of London and Westminster,.  1808 to 1825. £85 inc delivery




La Douane du Costume House
Custom House
Custom House is an area in the London Borough of Newham/docklands .From James Beverell's La Delices de la Grande Bretagne et de L’Irlande was first published in 1707 in eight volumes very fine plates by J. Goeree (1670-1731) .Etching and line engraving on paper. Pieter van der Aa was a Leiden bookseller and publisher.Image12.5 x 16 cm £45

 


The New Bridge
Die Neue Bruche
 Image 8.6x13 cm, Engraving on steel c 1820 Published (Eigenthum de Verleger ) d Kunstanst d Bibliogr de Heildbh from The Bibliographisches Institut original version of journal, Meyer's Universum, from 1833 to 1864, £10




Custom House & London Bridge

 .from "The World's Metropolis, or Mighty London, Illustrated by a Series of Views Beautifully Engraved on Steel" (London 1851-1855). by T.H.Shepherd, unmounted some age toning to the edge of the page. Image 23 x 16 cm full page £12 . .. 2 copies



Custom House

Antique steel engraved print from published in Lambert's History of London, 1805. £12 unmounted




Stepney Church
 Antique engraved print for the The Gentleman's Magazine .The Gentleman's Magazine was a monthly magazine published in London in the 18th, 19th, and early 20th century. The magazine began publication with the January 1731 issue. £15 RARE c 1760's. .




East India House
Antique steel engraved prints originally from Beauties of England & Wales by John Britton (1771-1857), English antiquary and topographer and E. W. Brayley. The two friends wrote part of Beauties of England and Wales (18 vol., in 25, 1801-15) image 11 x 16cm app. i £12 .tinted 

untinted x 2 



New CUSTOM HOUSE **
Antique steel engraved prints originally from Beauties of England & Wales by John Britton (1771;1857), English antiquary and topographer and E. W. Brayley. The two friends wrote part of Beauties of England and Wales (18 vol., in 25, 1801;15) image 11 x 16cm app.  £12 E 16..


London Docks
Antique steel engraved prints originally from Beauties of England & Wales by John Britton (1771;1857), English antiquary and topographer and E. W. Brayley. The two friends wrote part of Beauties of England and Wales (18 vol., in 25, 1801;15) image 11 x 16cm app.  £12 tinted

untinted




The New Custom House
 Engraving by [William?] Watts, after Miller, published by Colnaghi, Sala & Co., London, 1800 Apr. 15. 14 x 19 cm £45 rare




Brook House Hackney
 by J P Malcolm 1797 later published as JP Malcolm, Londinium Redivivum, 1807, £20 rare




Monteagle House. .  near St saviour's Church Southwark
Antique engraved print for the The Gentleman's Magazine .The Gentleman's Magazine was a monthly magazine published in London in the 18th, 19th, and early 20th century. The magazine began publication with the January 1731 issuedated 1808 . £15 RARE c 1760's. .




Custom House
 By Winkles (steel engraver) and Tombleson (artist) with Tombleson's decorative borders from Thombleson's Views of the Thames & Medway (1833-1834) £24









OPENING HOURS . MONDAY, FRIDAY & SATURDAY Appointments at the shop may be arranged by contacting us either by telephone or email.

DELIVERY & PAYMENT Payment is via Paypal if other methods are preferred please contact the shop directly we take most cards, cheques etc

**Prices are postage inclusive worldwide if over £35 Any print will be reserved upon receiving an email and kept for a week to allow a cheque to arrive.

  


*