antique prints england
antique engravings england
antique maps england
heatons antique prints logo background

SCOTLAND Ross + Cromarty

Scotland Ross + Cromarty

The name Ross and Cromarty was first used for the Ross and Cromarty county constituency of the Parliament of the United Kingdom from 1832 to 1983. As created in 1832, the constituency merged two former >county constituencies: the Ross-shire constituency and the Cromartyshire constituency. Ross and Cromarty (Ros agus Cromba in Gaelic) is a variously defined area in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. There is a registration county and a lieutenancy area in current use, the latter of which is 8,019 square kilometres (3,096 square miles) in extent. Historically there has been a constituency of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (1832 to 1983), a local government >county (1890 to 1975), a district of the Highland local government region (1975 to 1996) and a management area of the Highland Council (1996 to 2007). The local government county is now divided between two local government areas: the Highland area and Na h-Eileanan Siar (the Western Isles). Early engravings are mainly for Ross-Shire



Channerie ville du Comte de Ross
Original copperplate engraving by the famous engraver and cartographer Pierre Van Der Aa (1659-1733) published for the miniature edition of Estates of Great Britain and Ireland. London c1727 by James Beeverell. size to the plate mark is 5.1/2 x 6.1/2 inches or (14 x 16cm) mountedPieter van der Aa was a Leiden bookseller and publisher.size 13 x 17 cm £30  clipped page edge right to image remargined, folds as issued




View of Channery Borough Town of Ross Shire View of Montrose in Angus Shire Engraved for the The New British Traveller, or a Complete Modern Universal Display of Great Britain and Ireland.. The whole puyblished under the immediate inspection of George Augustus Walpoole Assisted by ...Printed for Alex Hogg at the Kings Arms No 16 Paternoster-Row 1784 half plate plate A5 unmounted £18 still complete page




View of the Montrose in Angus Shire/ View of Channery the Borough Town of Ross Shire

Antique engraved print engraved by Lodge or Peltro  published in Boswell's Antiquities, about 1786  Published according to Act of Parliament, by Alexr. Hogg, No.16, Paternoster Row Copper engraving   Page is over foolscap/A4 with a decorative borderthis Better Copy £30 post inc


The Drhuim on Beauly River Antique steel engraved print Drawn by William Bartlett or  Thomas Allom. Originally produced for the part-work series "Scotland Illustrated"By William BEATTIE. Published by Virtue & Co, London 1835-1838. Steel line engraving on paper Image size 17.5x11.5 cm £10 . . 




Dundonell
Antique copper engraved print drawn by Moses Griffith, engraved by P.Mazell Thomas Pennant published  1774 - 1776From:- "A tour in Scotland, and voyage to the Hebrides, 1772" by Thomas Pennant (Chester & London, 1774-76). Creases as issued rare £30 unmounted



FALLS OF KILMORACK Antique steel engraved print Drawn by William Bartlett or  Thomas Allom. Originally produced for the part-work series "Scotland Illustrated"By William BEATTIE. Published by Virtue & Co, London 1835-1838. Steel line engraving on paper Image size 17.5x11.5 cm £10 . . . 3 copies one tinted state if pref













***


STRATHPEFFER MINERAL WELLS Antique steel engraved print Drawn by William Bartlett or  Thomas Allom. Originally produced for the part-work series "Scotland Illustrated"By William BEATTIE. Published by Virtue & Co, London 1835-1838. Steel line engraving on paper Image size 17.5x11.5 cm £10  .


Foulis Church

Original Antique engraved print  from an original study by the architect and illustrator R. W. Billings. Originally produced for the part-work “Baronial and Ecclesiastical Antiquities of Scotland”, first published between 1845 and 1852 and here in a slightly later edition.  Steel line engraving on paper. Engraved surface 232 x 171mm, One of 240 detailed steel-engraved plates, by J. Sadler, J.H. le Keux, J.Godfrey, & others published in four volumes   £12 unmounted

. .3 copies




innes House  

Original Antique engraved print  from an original study by the architect and illustrator R. W. Billings. Originally produced for the part-work “Baronial and Ecclesiastical Antiquities of Scotland”, first published between 1845 and 1852 and here in a slightly later edition.  Steel line engraving on paper. Engraved surface 232 x 171mm, One of 240 detailed steel-engraved plates, by J. Sadler, J.H. le Keux, J.Godfrey, & others published in four volumes   £12 unmounted x 2

. 2 copies



Finkie House

Original Antique engraved print  from an original study by the architect and illustrator R. W. Billings. Originally produced for the part-work “Baronial and Ecclesiastical Antiquities of Scotland”, first published between 1845 and 1852 and here in a slightly later edition.  Steel line engraving on paper. Engraved surface 232 x 171mm, One of 240 detailed steel-engraved plates, by J. Sadler, J.H. le Keux, J.Godfrey, & others published in four volumes   £12 unmounted
. 2 copies




Two Gables of Finkie House 

Original Antique engraved print  from an original study by the architect and illustrator R. W. Billings. Originally produced for the part-work “Baronial and Ecclesiastical Antiquities of Scotland”, first published between 1845 and 1852 and here in a slightly later edition.  Steel line engraving on paper. Engraved surface 232 x 171mm, One of 240 detailed steel-engraved plates, by J. Sadler, J.H. le Keux, J.Godfrey, & others published in four volumes   £12 unmounted



OPENING HOURS . MONDAY, FRIDAY & SATURDAY Appointments at the shop may be arranged by contacting us either by telephone or email.

DELIVERY & PAYMENT Payment is via Paypal if other methods are preferred please contact the shop directly we take most cards, cheques etc

**Prices are postage inclusive worldwide if over £35 Any print will be reserved upon receiving an email and kept for a week to allow a cheque to arrive.